5 Things: Meeting, Network, Debate
Here are 5 Things to know in East Greenwich today.
1. Network with other local professionals at the next East Greenwich Chamber of Commerce "Business After Hours" event tonight from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Rocky Hill School, 530 Ives Road. Proceed down Ives Road to the rear school parking lot off of Chinook Road. The Flynn Academic Center is a two-story white building with columns and cupolas located on the southern end of the campus and is visible from the rear parking lot.
Tonight's event will be hosted by Head of School Jonathan M. Schoenwald, and feature guest speaker Rick Brooks, Executive Director of the Governor's Work Force Board. Food will be prepared by Chris Johnston, head chef at Hasbro.
2. The East Greenwich School Committee has scheduled a special meeting to name an interim assistant principal for Cole Middle School after the resignation of Vin Varrecchione. The meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. in the superintendent’s conference room at the School Department, 111 Peirce Street.
3. Don't forget to submit your questions for the local state rep candidates. The Republican Town Committee, together with EG Patch, is holding a debate between GOP candidates for the state House Dist. 30 seat long held by the now retiring Bob Watson on Thursday, Aug. 23, at the Varnum Armory. But we need your help! A portion of the debate will be asking questions that have been submitted on Patch. Send your question via email to email@example.com.
4. The East Greenwich Land Trust Committee is scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
5. Today is expected to be partly sunny with the possibility of an isolated afyernoon thunderstorm. Temperatures should remain in the low- to mid-80s.