Fire Log: Brush Fires, Building Fires
Reports from the East Greenwich Fire District.
Monday, Nov. 19
1:43 a.m. – Carbon monoxide detector went off at 950 Carr's Pond Road. No carbon monoxide released.
2:28 p.m. – A resident of 71 Charlotte Drive in Potowomut was locked in.
Tuesday, Nov. 20
9:39 a.m. – Heat from a wiring short circuit was detected at 1 St. Elizabeth Way. The wiring proved to be worn and defective.
10:20 a.m. – A small brush fire at 110 Bailey Blvd. was extinguished with water.
11:22 a.m. – A gasoline spill at 312 Main St.
2 p.m. – A building fire at 431 Main St.
Wednesday, Nov. 21
3:43 p.m. – A motor vehicle accident at 1149 Division St.
Thursday, Nov. 22
12:56 a.m. – Someone called in an overheated car on Route 4 southbound. The car was empty and the State Police were notified to have it towed away.
6:52 a.m. – Report of a strange odor at 148 Peirce St. turned out to be an overheated boiler.
11:05 a.m. – Smoke detector was activated at 279 Main St. but there was no fire. It was caused by food on the stove.
5:12 a.m. – Smoke detector was activated at 15 Hill Drive but no fire. Smoke from a closed flue was the cause.
Friday, Nov. 23
2:28 a.m. – Car fire on Route 95 northbound, confined to the engine compartment. The car owner put out the fire. Firefighters pulled battery terminals and checked for extension.
4:01 p.m. – Covered for North Kingstown.
Saturday, Nov. 24
2:27 p.m. – Covered for West Warwick.
6:05 p.m. – Natural vegetation fire at 4 Brier Court.
Sunday, Nov. 25
6:17 p.m. – Animal rescue at 24 Upland Ave.
The Fire Department also responded to 45 calls for emergency medical services.