Monday, 6:50 p.m.
– School has been cancelled for Tuesday. No word yet on the status of the planned day off Thursday, Nov. 1.
Monday, 5 p.m.
– Power outages have been reported in Frenchtown and at Saint Elizabeth's Home on Post Road, according to EG Fire District officials. According to the National Grid outage map (click here), more than 2,500 customers are without power in East Greenwich.
– Christ Community Kitchen, a monthly meal open to the community, is taking place today from now until 6:30 p.m.
– Fat Belly's, Parkside were open at 4 p.m. Call before heading over.
Monday, 3 p.m.
– If you need to evacuate and have animals: Rhode Island Disaster Animal Response Team will be opening an emergency animal shelter for people who are evacuating and need a place for their pets (after all other resources have been exhausted) at the William Thayer Arena: 975 Sandy Lane, Warwick.
If you need to drop off your pet, please bring the following items, as appropriate: a cat carrier, two dog leashes (one as a backup), a gallon of water, dry food in a Ziploc, canned food (pull top), portable bowls, any pet medications, and proof of vaccines.
Monday, 11 a.m.
– Town offices are closed today.
– Trash pickup is cancelled today. Yard waste pickup is cancelled for the rest of the week as Public Works employees focus on storm cleanup.
– No senior services today.
– Residents are asked to clear off storm drains if it is safe to do so to lessen the chance of flash flooding.
– Water Street is closed to traffic for the rest of the day. Officials ask that drivers avoid Water Street.
– Dave's Market at 1000 Division St. is open until 2 p.m. today.
– Mail is being delivered! Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow ... nor hurricane, it seems.