Invite a friend
Technology and Communication Strategies for Persons with Hearing Loss
This demonstration is presented at TechACCESS of RI by
Denise Corson, ATEL Program Coordinator, and
James Litvack, PARI Independent Living Center Representative
Technology and Communication Strategies for Persons with Hearing Loss is a demonstration that helps Hard of Hearing individuals move from isolation to independence, by:
- Learning about supportive organizations where people with all degrees of hearing loss come together to share and learn – and where it’s okay not to hear well.
- Talk with others who have hearing loss.
- Learn about advocacy and the laws that protect you, and find out about local resources.
- Learn about the latest technology – hearing aids, amplified phones, CapTel phones, cochlear implants, captioning, hearing assistive technology, and more – all to help you live well with hearing loss.
- See how a hearing-friendly environment works to help you with your hearing loss.
All attendees can loan out equipment, on a first come first service basis, to see if the equipment is appropriate for their needs. Also, qualified attendees can apply for a FREE telephone thru the ATEL Program.