WPRO-AM radio talk show host John DePetro, who lives in East Greenwich, said he would "respond" to EG Patch about lawsuit filed against him Friday accusing him of sexual harrasment.
WPRO colleague Diane (Dee) DeQuattro said in the Superior Court lawsuit that DePetro made sexual advances to her in March after inviting her out for lunch, the Providence Journal and the AP reported Friday. The suit also names corporate parent Cumulus Media; Citadel Broadcasting; DeQuattro's supervisor, Barbara Haynes; and lawyer Nicole Waller.
DePetro denied the allegations through his lawyer, Timothy J. Dodd.
EG Patch asked DePetro Monday morning for a comment, via Twitter direct message. He responded, "Yes I will respond," later today.
According to the suit, after that day in March, DeQuattro told her program director DePetro had "crossed the line." DePetro stopped the behavior, but then it resumed. On July 18, according to the suit, DePetro asked DeQuattro if he and another woman could have sex with her and her boyfriend.
In the suit, DeQuattro said she complained to Haynes, who told her DePetro "was simply difficult to work with" but that she would investigate.
On Aug. 2, DeQuattro's doctor told her she should work at home because of the "hostile work environment with DePetro," according to the suit. After not receiving permission to do that, DeQuattro filed a discrimination complaint with the state Commission on Human Rights.
On Monday, Aug. 6, according to the suit, DeQuattro was locked out of the offices. Her work email had been closed to her over the weekend.