About this time last year, Patch rolled out a new platform for members of the community to be heard. Now, we're making it even easier to get involved in East Greenwich Patch's Local Voices.
How easy is it?
At Patch, we're devoted to finding ways to make your life as ridiculously easy as possible. So we've changed the way blogging works to make it easier for you to start blogging right away.
All you have to do to get started is visit our blogging page and click "Post on Patch." From there, let your typing fingers run rampant (but coherently, please) and when you're done writing and have saved your work, hit submit!
Why should I blog?
Patch is more than a news site. It is a free place to post upcoming events. It's an online conversation about the community. But to keep the conversation going, we need your voice!
You may be asking yourself, "What would I even write about?"
Well, the answer is, anything! A blog offers the opportunity to share your thoughts, concerns, advice, and tips, get your name out to the community, get info about your local group out to the community, and so much more.
My neighbors are blogging? What are they saying?
- Advertising copywriter John Walsh writes about words and writing, everything from an ode to the Gettysburg Address to the .
- Kim Ragosta shares her absolute PASSION for cooking and food and feeding her growing family. You can't help wanting to try her recipes, like her or .
- When lawyer Mike Bottaro started blogging nearly a year ago, his first post urged us to and he's been providing great advice ever since, most recently on .
- Cole Middle School science teacher and EG resident Anthony Burnett-Testa writes about the nature and wildlife all around us, including a and a .
- Writer Martha Reynolds is honing her craft in posts that recall or
And these are just a few of the voices we have on EG Patch. We have high school students, stay-at-home moms, university professors, teachers....
Is blogging on Patch right for me?
Blogging on Patch is perfect for anyone who has ties to the community. More specifically, you may be perfect for blogging if you can answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Do you have a passion for everything local, from supporting downtown businesses to promoting community events?
- Are you passionate about issues in East Greenwich?
- Are you a craftsman, artist, business owner or hobbyist who can share do-it-yourself tips?
- Do you have strong opinions about local government or are the first one to stand up for what you think is right in our school system?
- Can you just make us all laugh?
Even if you answered no to any of the above questions and you just want a platform to have your voice heard, East Greenwich Patch's Local Voices platform is the place for you!
Ready to take the leap? Get started with blogging on Patch! Still want more information? Email email@example.com!
Note: You write what you want to say when you want to say it. Do it on your schedule, whether that's posting multiple entries per day or a couple times a month. And Patch won't own what you post, so you can repost your entries to your other blogs!