Lots And Lots Of Harassing Phone Calls & A Bit Of Basketball

Information about the following arrests was supplied by the East Greenwich Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.

Monday, Aug. 1

9:09 a.m. - A town employee notified police that someone had thrown an egg at one of the town's cars, a Crown Victoria, damaging the paint job, while it was parked at 111 Peirce Street over the weekend.

Tuesday, Aug. 2

12:23 p.m. - A Middle Road resident asked police to contact her sister’s ex-mother-in-law and tell her not to call again after she called three times and the conversations became abusive. Police contacted the woman, who lives in Florida, and she said she would not call again.

3:55 p.m. - A Duke Street resident reported that her wallet had gone missing after she accidentally left it at the pay phone at East Greenwich Farms on Main Street. It was gone by the time she returned for it.

Friday, Aug. 5

8:03 a.m. - A Boulder Way resident reported that someone had struck his mailbox overnight. Police found tire marks leading from the curb to the mailbox and continuing in the same direction.

7:52 p.m. - A Watch Hill resident reported that her ex-boyfriend had violated a no-contact order after she’d received numerous phone messages from him.

Saturday, Aug. 6

9:12 a.m. - A Laurel Wood resident contacted police after several incidents where his ex-wife got on the phone while he was talking to their daughter. The ex-wife, who lives in Narragansett, had filed a report with police there accusing her ex-husband of harassing phone calls the day before.

10:17 a.m. - A Cricket Circle resident reported that the antenna from her Grand Cherokee had been removed.

10:44 a.m. - A Brisas Circle resident reported that his neighbor’s dog barks constantly. This is the third report he’s filed on the barking.

Sunday, Aug. 7

2:28 a.m. - A Queen Street resident complained that a woman he used to be friends with has been called and texting him repeatedly. That night she had called 32 times and sent 13 texts. He asked that police contact the woman and tell her to stop but that he did not want to press charges.

9:30 a.m. - A Watch Hill resident reported that her phone number had been used in a fake personals ad and that she believed it was posted by her ex-boyfriend, who she had complained to police about the previous day.

3:28 p.m. - A Crompton Avenue man complained that someone had damaged his car bumper with what looked like pellets from a gun.

4:05 p.m. - Police went to East Greenwich High School to respond to a ringing alarm there and found nine former students playing basketball in the gymnasium. They said they had gained entry through an open door. They were sent out and the door was secured.

11:38 p.m. - A Knollwood resident asked police to contact her ex-boyfriend (the father of her son) and his girl friend and ask them to stop making harassing phone calls to her.

Monday, Aug. 8

8:41 a.m. - The manager of the Shell Station on South County Trail reported that someone had broken into the station's air machine. The coin door had been pried open and most of the coins were missing.

KK August 15, 2011 at 03:04 PM
Amazing what keeps our men in blue busy these days. Broken love affairs. What next?


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »