The new committee's charge will be to "determine the feasibility of implementing and sustaining" all-day K at both schools beginning in the fall of 2015 at the earliest.
The committee will try to see if the implementation would be "cost effective and sensitive to the comprehensive fiscal needs of the entire district," according to the charge.
The committee will have between 8 and 10 members comprised of the following:
- One central office member
- Two building level administrators (at least one of whom would be from either Frenchtown or Meadowbrook),
- Four teachers (at least one of whom would be a special educator and at least one of whom would be a current kindergarten teacher)
- Four parents (none of whom shall have students entering kindergarten in the 2015-2016 school year)
- Membership may include up to three (3) School Committee members
If you're a parent interested in serving on the committee, click HERE to fill out an application.