United Methodist Church
More than 200 years after its founding, the EGUMC took a big step when it decided to leave its Main Street location and build a new church on South County Trail. The congregation moved into its new space in 2007 and continues to grow and thrive.
The EGUMC is a congregation of "seekers, doubters and believers" brought together to follow Jesus Christ.
The parish has made a tradition of annual mission trips to John's Island in South Carolina as well as regular outreach efforts closer to home. In addition, it offers a number of small groups for education and fellowship.
- Hours: Services: 8:30am, 10am; Sunday School: 10am; Adult bible study: Sun, 10am
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance is at ground level
- Founding Date: 1791
- What makes this community special?: Christmas Eve worship at 4:00, 7:00, 10:00 pm Christmas Day worship at 10:00 am
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: United Methodist Church
- Congregation size: 400
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes